Jul 30, 2014

Printmaking Unleashed: Catch up #3!

Hey, hey, heyyyyy! This is the final catch-up post for #printmakingunleashed! Yayyy! I made it all the way through the 31 day challenge. Man, that was kinda intense or what?!

I had a TON of fun, though, so NO complainin' here, my friend. I hope you enjoyed each days' creation.

Please feel free to SHARE to your Pinterest boards, on Facebook, Twitter...whateva social platform you like.


All I ask is that you properly credit me (you'd better know my name, by now! And yes, spelling does count, thank you!) and link back to this blog ( http://www.uneekart.blogspot.com )  
Thank you in advance :)


Day 26: Dimensional paint

I just love how this turned out! It has a strong tribal feel to it: the colors are so alive and the surface explodes with all kinds of texture...

Intuitive tribal art by Mixed Media Artist Martice Smith II
Media: gelli print with acrylics, oil pastels, white China marker, and dimensional paint on phone book and vintage pattern tissue paper. To me, it looks like a dancing flower!
Enjoy the close-ups...

Intuitive tribal art by Mixed Media Artist Martice Smith II

Intuitive tribal art by Mixed Media Artist Martice Smith II

Another one I created for the same prompt (dimensional paint). Bold markings and basic colors...reminds me of the classic style of graphic novels...

Intuitive tribal art by Mixed Media Artist Martice Smith II

Day 27: Feathers
Total time to carve this stamp: 15 minutes...not bad! The more I carve, the better I get!!
Hand carved feather stamp, gelli print and bookmark by Martice Smith II
"Let's Fly"...My hand-carved feather stamp, gelli print and bookmark.

 Day 28: Painted Face

Here's a cute little girl I named "JOY". I created her in Mindy Lacefield's "Sunday Mornings" online class. It's very different from my regular work; a great reason why I took this particular class!  
"JOY", Painted Face example by Mixed Media Artist Martice Smith II
I loved working in this style...primitive, intuitive, loosely painted and drawn; mixed media love! (I'm thinking about adding this cutie to my boutique...what do you think?)

Day 29: Hand Lettered

These are details from "30 Illustrations in 30 Days: A Mixed-Media Artist's Soiree", an illustration challenge I created back in Nov. 2011::::(you can still find each illustration in the archives!) ::::

Hand Lettering examples by Mixed Media Artist Martice Smith II
Featured here are: "Majestic Evolution" & "VIVA!"

Hand Lettering examples by Mixed Media Artist Martice Smith II
from left to right: "Seal Your Destiny with FAITH", "...wings of Nostalgia", and some tickets I created for an art buddy

Only two more days left in the #printmakingUnleashed challenge!!!!
Thank you for cheering me on and leaving so many positive comments :)

Know that I appreciate every word, xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

The best conversation happens in the comments section!