Jul 8, 2014

Color palette + a peek at my studio table

I absolutely LOVE *anything* that sparkles with bright colors, textures, and interesting patterns! Here's a look at my color palette / "flair tray" some items that are inspiring me, at the moment...
Day 7! The prompt for today is "Color palette"
a glimpse of Martice Smith II's inspirational color palette
A few of these items were thrifted or found at estate sales, like the yarn, batik fabric, picture frame, and "Blessed" note cards.
Other things are: 
 • black and gold trimmed peep-toe boot •
• denim fabric (which is actually a paintbrush holder that I designed and made) •
• patterns that reflect my Native American Indian heritage; like chevrons, stylized eagles/water/sun •
sewing embellishments
decorative office supplies/paper/painting palette

a glimpse of Martice Smith II's inspirational color palette
Here's one of my favorite vintage-styled earrings! (The other one isn't pictured)  They were designed to replicate the 1950s era. The set of notecards has a biblical scripture on the cover, that reads: "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God." ~ Matthew 5:8 ~

Day 8! The prompt for today is "Studio table"
I think it's fun to share art spaces with other artists! I'm glad to have taken this opportunity to show you a tiny glimpse of mine. 

My work area, pretty much, stays organized because I'm working in such a small space. However, while I'm busy creating, I never worry about things being out of place.

This is my work table for creating my mixed-media/traditional works.

(I do have another area in my house where I work with a Wacom tablet and a laptop/desktop computer...but, that's kinda boring compared to this area!)

a glimpse of what's on Martice's studio desk
Here is something that I just created! A large, hand-carved chevron stamp, stamped on a piece of scrap paper. Also, see that white carousel on the left side? That's my new "toy"! I love it because it holds so much stuff + it turns 360 degrees!! Other new stuff includes the Derwent tin of 24 Inktense pencils and glitter and mica flakes set by Stampendous.

a glimpse of what's on Martice's studio desk

a glimpse of what's on Martice's studio desk
These are 3 postcards I recently created, using image transfer techniques with clear package tape. Have you seen the tutorial? It was just published! You can check it out here

Remember, if you want to be among the first to see my new work, I invite you to subscribe to the Uneek Art Letter, my monthly newsletter, right here. OR, just enter your name and email address in the form in the sidebar, to your right (at the very top).

detail of new work by Martice Smith II
Finally, here's a little sneaky peek at an illustration that I'm currently working on. I can hardly wait to reveal it to you! Some special things are brewing over here at Martice Smith II - Illustration & Design Studio!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The best conversation happens in the comments section!